March soon will be completely over, so it’s time for our monthly haul and wrap-up!
Last month’s one was a trial post, since at that time I still hadn’t decided on how to write my posts, but now that I have all pretty much set, my monthly achievements will now be in one post!
So here’s what I’ve done (or not done) in March!
I went a bit crazy again with buying books
AGAIN And all I bought in local bookstores.
Not to mention I’m waiting for several huge packages from overseas. /sigh/ Somebody put me on a book ban.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s stone (Vietnamese 2017 edition) by J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Vietnamese 2017 edition) by J.K. Rowling
Tre Publishing House decided to reprint Harry Potter series, with 2015 anniversary edition covers, the one with Hogwarts on its spines, and since Russian newest translation with the same covers sucks hard (I will tell a story about it sometime in the future), I decided to collect Vietnamese translation. Sooner or later I will still put myself together and finally read my favorite book series in one more language.
- Shadow and Bone (Vietnamese edition) by Leigh Bardugo (Grisha trilogy)
- Siege and Storm (Vietnamese edition) by Leigh Bardugo (Grisha trilogy)
I’ve heard so many things about this book series, plus it’s set in a country based on Russia, so I couldn’t just pass by. Although I probably will start with English or, if it’s possible, Russian version first. Well, I’ll explain about my strange habit of buying books in Vietnamese later.
- Simon Thorn and the Wolf’s Den by Aimee Carter
- The Other Life by Susanne Winnacker
The backside of this book noted that The Hunger Games fans should love this book as well, and I, as a damn THG lover, decided to give it a try. Plus the cover is pretty!
- The Mark of the Dragonfly by Jaleigh Johnson
- Magic Flutes by Eva Ibbotson
- The Secret Countess by Eva Ibbotson
- Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
FYI: Mostly I purchase ebooks in Russian language, if the book is in another language, I will note that
- About cats by Max Frei and other authors (storybook)
- Watch series by Sergey Lukyanenko (all six books)
- About love and death by Max Frei (storybook)
- The Second line by Max Frei (storybook)
- The Atlantis Gene by A.G. Riddle
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- No Plot? No Problem!: A Low-Stress, High-Velocity Guide to Writing a Novel in 30 Days by Chris Baty
- Highly Sensitive People in an Insensitive World: How to Create a Happy Life by Ilse Sand
- A Court of Thornes and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
Reading, Blogging and Bookstagram Wrap-up
So this month I managed to read 5 books, with 4 of them having independent book reviews:
- The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
- Old Vilnius’ Tales, Vol.5 by Max Frei
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber
- Sintar. The Killer Island by Sora Naumova & Mariya Dubinina
- The Cherry Orchard by Anton Chekhov (reread)
I also DNFed one book, which is The Complaint Book by Max Frei. But I will definitely come back to it when I feel in mood.
I was planning to have an HP reading marathon, but I also put it on hold, as I had books I wanted to read more than spending my time rereading my favorite book series that I already know by heart.
I wrote so many posts this month! To be exact, 26 blog posts! WOW! That’s almost every single day! I’m actually really satisfied with this, never felt so happy sharing all that content of mine with you!
I gained many followers this month only, and had a great interaction with almost all of them!
Here are some posts that I think are the most meaningful for me to share this month:
- Walking on the book street of Ho Chi Minh city
- Do The Talking: 5 things I can’t help but be anxious about as a new book blogger
- Do The Talking: Struggles of an international book blogger (from the country no intl online book store seems to know about >_<
- Liebster Award – or book bloggers I admire so much I don’t dare to approach them
This is for the first time I receive any kind of book blogger awards! Thank you! I also received another one from Maddie @ Of reading and random things, which is so thrilling!
I will reply to that one day…
Most important achiement here: I’ve gained my first 100 followers within March!
I haven’t told you, but in my daily bullet journal I wrote Gaining 100 followers as my March goal, and you guys helped me achieve that, so THANK YOU SO MUCH! The booklovers community is so wonderful, I can’t stop feeling mesmerised by all of this! ❤
I’m too lazy to show some of my photos from the feed, but you can always have a look following this link, plus you can actually see some from my Sunday posts, and the latest updates are shown on my blog sidebar!
This is only my second month of book blogging, but I feels like at least 2 years! Thank you so much for all your support, I really appreciate it, especially being a lonely ranger here 😀
Share your March achievements! Don’t forget to make love, not war, and stay polite in online community!
See you in April!